Put the recipient name or company name on the subject line. It’s important to personalize subject.
You have around 10 seconds to get attention after the email opened. Write your name and tell what your company do very shortly
Tell them why they should be excited. Tell about what’s in it for them or how can you help them. Start a dialogue by asking relevant questions about problems your potential customer might have
Ask for what you want. Simply ask for are they interested or not? Don’t ask for a phone call or a meeting. Your goal here should just be to start a conversation.
- Shorter is better. People should not be scroll when reading on mobile phone
- Don’t ask for money!
- People don’t get great emails. Send them great emails and convert them into customers.
- You have to differentiate because every other person are saying the same things. People are busy, send happy and interesting emails.
- Be as tailored as possible, how you can help them.
- Personalize as much as possible like pain points.